Monday, October 25, 2010

MoogFest 2010 Print


JAMES - I am honored to have been asked to be a part of the MoogFest 2010 art show, Synth: A Group Art Show Inspired by Bob Moog, in honor of the inventor of the synthesizer. MoogFest takes place this coming weekend here in Asheville, and the art show features limited edition screen prints by some of my favorite and most respected poster artists. It's gonna be awesome.

Above is my contribution, an illustration depicting the connection and love between man and machine, inventor and creation, musician and instrument. They are hand-printed as an edition of 50, featuring 4 colors on 100lb True White Speckletone French Paper. 20 of the prints will be available at the festival this weekend, and I will have the rest of them available on my site on November 1st. www.jamesflames.com/store.html


The main black inkwork was drawn with a variety of brushes, both wet and dry. And the green circuitry, which is printed semi-transparently over everything, was composed as vector lines using Adobe Illustrator. The paper itself is naturally sprinkled with speckles of dust and stuff - I thought that would kinda play off the looseness of the lines.


Thanks to Justin Helton for curating the show. I'm in some really great company - the Young Monster crew, Us & Them, Get a Clue Design, DKNG, Zeloot, Doe Eyed Design, Dan Grzeca, Drew Findley, Steve Walters, and of course Justin, plus a bunch more. I've seen some of their pieces online recently, and man oh man, this show's gonna be a killer!

No comments: