Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Extreme



TOM - These are three illustrations I did for this weeks issue of Time Out New York. The article was made up of stories about people's extreme adventures in NYC such as jumping rooftops, semi pro wrestling, and discovering old hidden dwellings. I got the call to do these last Monday afternoon, and they needed to be handed in by that Wednesday, so it was a bit of an "extreme adventure" for me as well, but I feel I do some of my most fulfilling work when I'm under a tight time constraint. These were done in my usual #2 brush, ink, and photoshoped color. Check out this issue of Time Out New York on stands now.

3 comments:

james flames said...

oh seriously man, this is just fantastic. these are easily some of the best yet. the second one is SICK.

i can tell you've been practicing all those photoshop things we talked about. everything looks very un-digital, know what i mean?
and the compositions plus colors are really natural and 'extreme' at the same time. the only tiny thing that caught my eye was the left hand holding the flashlight in the third one.

i was just about to post something of my own, but i'm gonna wait till tomorrow now, cuz i want this to sit at the top of the page for awhile. good shit.

thomas pitilli said...

Thanks alot!

Edwin Vazkez said...

very nice....