Thursday, August 12, 2010

Philadelphia City Paper Cover!

TOM - You know you've seen these people. The ones that flag you down with a big smile and stop you in the middle of the street asking you to donate to their cause. I totally respect what they do and I think it's a great way to get attention to a good cause, but I know I'm not alone when I say I've pretended to be on my phone or told them I was in a rush when I really wasn't. I know, it's messed up. As much as I would love to give to all of them, when you live in a big city, you're bound to see several of these folks a day, it could get a bit overwhelming sometimes...Anyway, that's kinda what the inspiration behind this cover was. I always have fun doing work for Philly City Paper and this was no exception.
Like a couple of previous covers, I did this one in several pieces, the girl, the background and the bubble. Here was the mock up that I sent them.

They put it all together, added the type and above is what the finished cover looks like. Thanks to my friends over at Philadelphia City Paper! If you're in Philly, it hit's the stands today so be sure to pick one up!


No comments: