Thursday, December 20, 2007

New York Press

TOM - The past two weeks I have been busy illustrating some pretty cool articles for the New York Press. This fist illustration was for a story about a woman who falls is lust with some guy in her yoga class, and winds up sleeping with him in a spare room at the Y. Kinky.
The Art Director wanted to keep it PG13, but still get the point across, she had a great idea of showing the couple kissing, while intertwined in yoga contortions.
I drew up a few sketches around that idea. The AD picked the third from the top.
I think this one was the most suggestive of the bunch, and I really enjoyed drawing their body positions.
Colored it in Photoshop, and it was good to go. Check out the steamy article here.
On to this weeks issue... The main idea behind the illustration for this article was to show how the '20 something' generation has become so used to seeing themselves on T.V. due to an overload of reality television, and now internet reality shows. We worked out a scenario where there is a 20 something sitting in her living room, watching nothing but herself on T.V and internet. I came up with a few different ways of composing it, and the AD picked...
...this one. I inked it up,
then colored it. Check out this article here.

2 comments:

Edwin Vazkez said...

These are a really nice set of drawings. I just checked out the latest drawing yesterday. My only thing is that I wish you closed your lines. But other than that, very nice.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is...RAWR.