Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Impulses: Activation, Arousal, Awakening

Activation

Arousal

Awakening

JAMES - These prints are finally all done, and are now available to buy (individually or as a set). I've spent so much time with these illustrations over the past months - from the original paintings, to the intense printing - it's a very satisfying feeling to have now crossed the finish line. I'm really happy with how they came out - they are completely hand-made, and the colors are crazy bright and saturated. They look so great in person.
Here is the link to my blog post about the original paintings: http://pitilli.blogspot.com/2010/03/anatomically-correct.html. They are available starting today exclusively at Inside the Rock Poster Frame store - go here now to buy them: insidetherockposter.highwire.com.

detail shot

detail shot

detail shot

Here is a link to some photos that show the color-by-color evolution of all three prints as I printed them in my studio (there's a video in there too): http://www.flickr.com/photos/49843356@N02/sets/72157623861690499/.

Activation: 3-color screen print

Arousal: 4-color screen print

Awakening: 9-color screen print

All three posters are 18" x 24" on 110lb Smart White French Paper. Each one is an edition of 35, signed and numbered by myself. They are $50 each, and available exclusively at Inside the Rock Poster Frame store.

2 comments:

alex fine illustration said...

These 3 look great together. You definitely pulled these off in print form. the Arousal print is still my favorite. I think its the design elements that really make it stand out. The colors are great in the Awakening print and the roses in Activation are really well drawn.

james flames said...

Thanks so much man! I'll have to show these to you in person one day...