Wednesday, April 7, 2010

At Dawning


JAMES - Monday night was another great show, this time Yeasayer played the Orange Peel. I was on hand, selling a portion of my posters at the show, and I sold every one I brought with me. As always at shows in Asheville, I met a ton of great people. It was a blast. I have some more of these prints that are now available to buy online - get it here: www.jamesflames.com/pages/STORE-AtDawning.html


This was another poster that I drew like forever ago. I think it was late January when I finished this - and now going back and looking at my original sketch ideas brings it all back to me. You can see the succession of ideas - I really loved the posture of the creature, and I knew that's what I wanted. The rest was just figuring out the placement and the colors.


I actually kept the sketch version of the creature as-is for the final - I liked how loose he was. And so to contast it, I re-drew the clouds and the lettering on paper, scanned it in, then traced it line-by-line with vector, making those lines really clean and crisp. I used this great "Orange Fizz" paper from French Paper, and it worked out great - every single color is so bright and saturated, totally jumps out.

4-color screenprint, 18.5"x24.5" full bleed, on 100lb Orange Fizz French paper, edition of 75

I used this great "Orange Fizz" paper from French Paper, and it worked out great - it's a four-color print, and every single color is so bright and saturated, totally jumps out. You can buy them here while they last: www.jamesflames.com/pages/STORE-AtDawning.html

Next is Beach House on April 30th - pretty psyched. See you there.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

This is really fantastic! Your curves and compositions are always so gorgeous.

thomas pitilli said...

Awesome! Really great composition and idea. This character kinda reminds me of The Iron Giant.

james flames said...

Thanks y'alls!