Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Moonscapes


JAMES - Earlier this year I finished this Album Cover of "Moonscapes" for the band Dangermuffin. They just had their CD Release show, which looked to be a great success. I just got my copy in the mail, and man, it looks really sweet.


I used a bunch of different techniques on this - charcoal, pencils, markers, and lots of Photoshop stuff. Which was really freeing. I was working on so many projects at the same time as this, and they all were for screen print stuff. So I was in a real "use less than 4 colors" mode. This was my relief from that - getting to expand my palette, utilize texture more - but still making sure it reads simply, like the screen prints.

Those three guys sitting on the beach are the guys in the band - they're totally great guys, and thier album's real good. Check it out.


2 comments:

H. Stewart said...

looks really neat, congrats. Nothing like seeing your work "in print" (especially when somebody else prints it!)

thomas pitilli said...

I love the way the whole thing turned out. Even though you used Photoshop on this one, I think all that screenprinting has influenced your work so that even the Photoshop has this real organic, printlike quality. Great job.